Click on the image below to start slideshow of photos from the retreat.
Friday, May 2, 2014
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Special Morning Keynote
Joseph Gleeson, M.D.
Dr. Joseph Gleeson is Professor of Neurosciences and Pediatrics at UC San Diego and an Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. His laboratory is on the forefront of applying human genetics and advanced genomic tools to understanding neurodevelopemental disorders and mechanisms of normal brain development. He is both an alumnus of UCSD's Revelle College and a co-founder of the UCSD Institute for Genomic Medicine.
Elaine Fuchs, Ph.D.
Dr. Elaine Fuchs is Rebecca C. Lancefield Professor and Head of the
Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development at Rockefeller University and an Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Her laboratory uses cell biology and genetics to understand stem cells, normal development and diesase states in skin. She has been cited for innovative reverse genetics approaches across a range of targets and experimental platforms. Her work has offered powerful insights into dermatology, cancer and stem cell biology.
Faculty and Student Speakers
- Allan Acab, Student, Alysson Muotri lab
- Alexa Clemmons, Student, Steve Wasserman lab
- Bruce Hamilton, Ph.D., Professor of Medicine and Cellular and Molecular Medicine
- Jennifer Higginbotham, Student, Clodagh O'Shea lab
- Jason Lehmann, Student, Joe Vinetz lab
- Trey Ideker, Ph.D., Professor of Medicine and Bioengineering
- Sol Reyna, Student, Larry Goldstein lab
- Suzy Szumowski, Student, Emily Troemel lab
- Bing Ren, Ph.D., Professor of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Ludwig Inst. for Cancer Research
- Tiffany Taylor, Student, Frank Furnari lab
- Grace Woodruff, Student, Larry Goldstein lab
- Gene Yeo, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Cellular and Molecular Medicine
Genetics Retreat Planning Committee:
Elizabeth Winzeler (Pediatrics), Darla Schell (UCSD Institute for Genomic Medicine),
Students: Jason Lehmann, Allan Acab, Alexa Clemmons, Jennifer Higginbotham, Sol Reyna, Suzy Szumowski, Tiffany Taylor, Grace Woodruff.
We regret that Dr. Ivor Royston, previously scheduled for this event, has had to cancel his address.
We gratefully acknowledge the UCSD Division of Biological Sciences and Department of Cellular & Molecular Medicine, Illumina Inc., New England Biolabs, and Agilent Technologies for their support of this event.